Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Album #16; 'Siren Charms' - In Flames


Hitting the countdown at #16 this year is 'Siren Charms' by In Flames; an extremely solid hard rock album that has slowly grown on me over further listening throughout the year. In Flames has been around for a long time, but this is only the second album with their new guitarist, and while their sound has slightly changed, I think it's for the better. This is their first album that I've been able to listen through the entirety and enjoy the majority of it, so they're doing something right in my eyes.

The singer has a very unique voice that takes some getting used to, and the time signatures used are occasionally quite unique. While that makes this a more complex listen than a great deal of the albums I gathered this year, it's more rewarding when you start to enjoy and understand the complexity. I'll be keeping my eye out for more releases from In Flames in the future, for sure.

Tracklist (favorites are, as always, in orange):


In Plain View - 4:06
Everything's Gone - 3:24
Paralyzed - 4:15
Through Oblivion - 3:37
With Eyes Wide Open - 3:57
Siren Charms - 3:04
When The World Explodes - 4:38
Rusted Nail - 4:54
Dead Eyes - 5:23
Monsters in the Ballroom - 3:53
Filtered Truth - 3:30

That concludes entry #16... I've been Awake Too Long to write #15, so you'll have to wait for tomorrow for that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment